I am happy to announce B-Mountain Challenge - a one-time speedrunning event to celebrate the release of Acrobat's B-Mountain map.
Challenge is simple: Climb the mountain as fast as you can, record a demo and send it to me no later than September 2nd (two weeks from now). Fastest run will be rendered and promoted on the jk2.info youtube channel granting eternal glory to the winner. Everyone else will be given a honourable mention and satisfaction coming from completing a difficult climbing map.
Easiest way to start is joining the [Dark]JumpingServer (220.127.116.11:28071) and trying to climb the mountain as fast as you can :-) Don't forget to record a demo, times saved by the server are not enough. You are free to boast about your times and upload demos in this topic or keep your shortcuts and tricks private until the event is over.
Good Luck and Have Fun!
- Demo must be sent before 2 September 2016 24:00 UTC. It's advised to send few demos in case your best one doesn't meet our criteria.
- Demo must be recorded on [Dark]JumpingServer
- Time is measured from the moment you leave the very bottom flat surface, to the moment you land on top platform.
- No wall running, kicking, overbounce. Default physics, sv_fps 20, g_forceRegenTime 0 (in case Dark server settings were wrong during recording, it doesn't make the demo valid).
- Maximum allowed fps is 125. We don't enforce it with pmove_fixed for better player experience, but demos will be checked for any violations of this rule.
- It is not allowed to use any programs/mods that give unfair advantage, impossible to gain using original jk2mp.exe client.
- It is not allowed to modify/override assets in b-mountain.pk3.
- It is not allowed to modify demo by external software.
- It is not allowed to change your view angles with other means than moving the mouse.
- It is not allowed to bind any actions that alter the movement of a player to your mose wheel.
- It is not allowed to record or reproduce player's input data. It is not allowed to execute sequence of commands that affect player behaviour using predefined timing and order. All complex movement binds (eg multiple +something commands in a single bind) are banned. Any kind of automation is forbidden.
- Finally the spirit of this ruleset is to give players an even ground. If you have any doubts about a helper or game/map exploit, let us know and we will answer without spoiling it to others.