B-Mountain Challenge

Training, captain's game, tournaments and other events. If you want to gather some people, this is where to notify!
Post Reply
User avatar
fau
Staff
Posts: 433
Joined: 16 Aug 2015, 01:01
Location: Warsaw / Poland
Contact:

B-Mountain Challenge

Post by fau »

Image

I am happy to announce B-Mountain Challenge - a one-time speedrunning event to celebrate the release of Acrobat's B-Mountain map.

Challenge is simple: Climb the mountain as fast as you can, record a demo and send it to me no later than September 2nd (two weeks from now). Fastest run will be rendered and promoted on the jk2.info youtube channel granting eternal glory to the winner. Everyone else will be given a honourable mention and satisfaction coming from completing a difficult climbing map.

Easiest way to start is joining the [Dark]JumpingServer (185.7.199.7:28071) and trying to climb the mountain as fast as you can :-) Don't forget to record a demo, times saved by the server are not enough. You are free to boast about your times and upload demos in this topic or keep your shortcuts and tricks private until the event is over.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Rules (*)
  • Demo must be sent before 2 September 2016 24:00 UTC. It's advised to send few demos in case your best one doesn't meet our criteria.
  • Demo must be recorded on [Dark]JumpingServer
  • Time is measured from the moment you leave the very bottom flat surface, to the moment you land on top platform.
  • No wall running, kicking, overbounce. Default physics, sv_fps 20, g_forceRegenTime 0 (in case Dark server settings were wrong during recording, it doesn't make the demo valid).
  • Maximum allowed fps is 125. We don't enforce it with pmove_fixed for better player experience, but demos will be checked for any violations of this rule.
  • It is not allowed to use any programs/mods that give unfair advantage, impossible to gain using original jk2mp.exe client.
  • It is not allowed to modify/override assets in b-mountain.pk3.
  • It is not allowed to modify demo by external software.
  • It is not allowed to change your view angles with other means than moving the mouse.
  • It is not allowed to bind any actions that alter the movement of a player to your mose wheel.
  • It is not allowed to record or reproduce player's input data. It is not allowed to execute sequence of commands that affect player behaviour using predefined timing and order. All complex movement binds (eg multiple +something commands in a single bind) are banned. Any kind of automation is forbidden.
  • Finally the spirit of this ruleset is to give players an even ground. If you have any doubts about a helper or game/map exploit, let us know and we will answer without spoiling it to others.
(*) Most rules come from DFWC 2014 Rules
Acrobat
Posts: 51
Joined: 09 Jun 2016, 03:37

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by Acrobat »

cuties time is like 3:15 or something crazy
kenny
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 May 2016, 22:40

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by kenny »

thats fast looool.
User avatar
Miso
Posts: 170
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 02:41
Location: Massachusetts / United States

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by Miso »

I am only posting this for the sake of having an entry and for the fact that it's (almost) errorless.



demo file:
miso---b-mountain.zip
(369 KiB) Downloaded 1482 times
Jj.miso
kenny
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 May 2016, 22:40

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by kenny »

Didint u say u did 2:12 to me?! I scored a time on 3:07:500, could possible optimize it to around 2:55 but that would take too long =D
Attachments
3.07.500.rar
(163.31 KiB) Downloaded 1294 times
User avatar
jozuf
Posts: 57
Joined: 14 Aug 2015, 10:24

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by jozuf »

Did it in 2 but forgot to demo. Does it still count? ;-)
User avatar
fau
Staff
Posts: 433
Joined: 16 Aug 2015, 01:01
Location: Warsaw / Poland
Contact:

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by fau »

Guys this is the last ring, send your demos to me in a pm, post in this topic or send to "faltec" at gmail. Sorry for not providing e-mail address earlier.
I would like to start a new challenge asap, maybe in few days. Any map suggestions? Kenny has made few nice climbing maps recently but I'm not sure if we're quite ready for 2 player challenge, judging by how many players tried this.
Also if someone could do something creative with best time clip, please let me know.
User avatar
Miso
Posts: 170
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 02:41
Location: Massachusetts / United States

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by Miso »

kenny wrote:Didint u say u did 2:12 to me?! I scored a time on 3:07:500, could possible optimize it to around 2:55 but that would take too long =D
I never said I did 2:12.. I said V~tec's time is 2:21.
Jj.miso
kenny
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 May 2016, 22:40

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by kenny »

fau wrote:Guys this is the last ring, send your demos to me in a pm, post in this topic or send to "faltec" at gmail. Sorry for not providing e-mail address earlier.
I would like to start a new challenge asap, maybe in few days. Any map suggestions? Kenny has made few nice climbing maps recently but I'm not sure if we're quite ready for 2 player challenge, judging by how many players tried this.
Also if someone could do something creative with best time clip, please let me know.
It is a funny idea, got quite many players giving acro's b-mountain a shoot. So its quite a good way to get the map out there. Although im a bit sad you set a time i cant even dream of =D
I really enjoy playing the grip maps even though i made them myself (some mind puzzles that i know how to solve is kinda lame tho), and everyone yet that i heard tested them have enjoyed it. The problem is that the difficulty is quite high and it takes long time to complete the stages of the maps. You cant like expect a "perfect run". But that also invites every player to have a chance at winning, since there actually is no real "grip tower pro" out there (Me and rit only best cause we did it the most i quess). But yes you are right, could really use some more players interested in the challenges.
Ferox
Posts: 86
Joined: 11 Aug 2015, 13:04

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by Ferox »

offtopic - im too late for this one but a suggestion:

could you host a similiar event to this one on another specific map? years ago there was a map (for 1.02) its name i forgot but it was a speed run as well more or less. there were two teams, and the map was exactly the same for these two teams so they could race against eachother simultaneously. it was always 2 vs 2, but of course u could also race alone for time. they could also look how far the other team was but they couldnt fight they were divived so it was all about a speed run. as far as i remember, the first obstacles were boosting eachother up to a higher point, on the higher point there was a button that would open a door for the teammate to come through as well. after that they were more obstacles that involved movement, including mines, jumping but also rocket launcher i think (u had to shoot some stuff to open a door). so it wasnt exactly a speed run it involved all kind of stuff, not only jumping. it would be awesome to have such an event, any1 knows what map i talk about?
Kevin
Administrator
Posts: 394
Joined: 07 Jun 2015, 08:36

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by Kevin »

Would love to see a race on the Racetrack map :D
User avatar
Daggolin
Administrator
Posts: 794
Joined: 23 Feb 2015, 13:05

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by Daggolin »

Kameleon wrote:Would love to see a race on the Racetrack map :D
Honestly, I wouldn't. The whole aspect of jumping gets lost. Ice surface has no friction, which is kind of what you are aiming for when you're jumping (avoid friction), but I really didn't enjoy racing racetrack for best time (did that with a couple of people, had timers there, but it was really boring, compared to actual jump maps, where you can take different routes and where you have to perfectly time your jumps). And as far as I remember we even got too fast occasionally and so we got stuck in some bounce pads you had to take or they made us bug inside some surface. Really not that much fun to race competitive. :? But otherwise a nice and fun map. :mrgreen:
kenny
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 May 2016, 22:40

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by kenny »

Ferox wrote:offtopic - im too late for this one but a suggestion:

could you host a similiar event to this one on another specific map? years ago there was a map (for 1.02) its name i forgot but it was a speed run as well more or less. there were two teams, and the map was exactly the same for these two teams so they could race against eachother simultaneously. it was always 2 vs 2, but of course u could also race alone for time. they could also look how far the other team was but they couldnt fight they were divived so it was all about a speed run. as far as i remember, the first obstacles were boosting eachother up to a higher point, on the higher point there was a button that would open a door for the teammate to come through as well. after that they were more obstacles that involved movement, including mines, jumping but also rocket launcher i think (u had to shoot some stuff to open a door). so it wasnt exactly a speed run it involved all kind of stuff, not only jumping. it would be awesome to have such an event, any1 knows what map i talk about?
Sounds a lot like my concept with the grip towers, but u use grip. Nice idea, maybe should make a jump map like this after my upcoming jump-mountain
Ferox
Posts: 86
Joined: 11 Aug 2015, 13:04

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by Ferox »

http://www.filedropper.com/trials3

should be this (trials of movement) not sure
kenny
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 May 2016, 22:40

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by kenny »

Btw, I want to see ur 2.21 run! Was anyone else close beating u?
Acrobat
Posts: 51
Joined: 09 Jun 2016, 03:37

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by Acrobat »

trials of movement? thta a climbing map?
User avatar
fau
Staff
Posts: 433
Joined: 16 Aug 2015, 01:01
Location: Warsaw / Poland
Contact:

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by fau »

Was demotivated to make a video of my own demo, but here it finally is. Hope you enjoy it :-)



You can start grinding kenny's map now!

edit: ah and the demo, almost forgot!
Attachments
b-mountain-fau-2.21.zip
(128.33 KiB) Downloaded 1019 times
User avatar
ouned
Administrator
Posts: 596
Joined: 23 Feb 2015, 13:03
Location: Gliese581c

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by ouned »

blocked in germany :D
Tom Arrow
Posts: 92
Joined: 21 Sep 2016, 03:05

Re: B-Mountain Challenge

Post by Tom Arrow »

Does anyone have a demo of an actual finished run of the current version of b-mountain? Seems like it's grown 10 times in size since back then. Would love to do a nice jomme video from a good run on the current version, just because it seems like an impossible task to me.

Looks like only a single person on the server managed to finish it without savepos/respos.
Post Reply
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
 

 

cron