My Boba Fett costume

General topics about Star Wars or Jedi Knight II.
Kevin
Administrator

My Boba Fett costume

Post by Kevin »

Hello!

Only a few of you might know this already, but I am Boba Fett in my sparetime, among other things :D I figured I would share some photos with you guys ;) The costume is made by a guy known as Bobamaker, and his work is truly amazing; the attention to detail is absolutely stunning! :) I am currently awaiting acceptance in the Star Wars charity organisation known as 501st Legion, who only accept near screen accurate costumes; hopefully they will let me in so I can give a hand too :D

If you would like to see more photos I will leave a link to the Drive folder where I upload all of my Boba Fett photos, but here are some handpicked ones I really like :D
Action shot.JPG
IMG_3751.JPG
IMG_3720_small_unedit_preview.jpeg
IMG_3734.JPG
IMG_3758.JPG
IMG_3766_r1.jpg
IMG_3776.JPG
IMG_3695.JPG
20525650_477787745914748_3938656655206717456_n.jpg
Full album (Updated whenever I receive new photos):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19wF48 ... 9y-9HBydbl

I am also Spider-Man in my sparetime, and I enjoy good meals too, but these and other such photos can be found on my Instagram, if it has any interest to any of you: https://www.instagram.com/ristettoast/ :D
NanoVed

Re: My Boba Fett costume

Post by NanoVed »

Wow, that is some high quality costume play there. It does not look like a low-budget suit at all. Also, Wow! People never look the way you might imagine them from behind a nickname and a game avatar. lol.
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

NanoVed wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 11:15 Wow, that is some high quality costume play there. It does not look like a low-budget suit at all.
Thank you, I am quite fond of it too :) Glad to hear that because believe me, it is anything but low-budget :') Probably the most expensive thing I ever bought, but it was well worth it :D Looking forward to troop with 501st Legion, do charity work, join them at children hospitals, etc. That was the main reason I had the suit made; didn't want to join as a random character I don't care about like a Stormtrooper - I'd rather join as a character I found cool :D

Bobamaker makes some of the most screen accurate Boba Fett full costume commisions in the community, and his paintjobs are really stunning, especially up close! :) He has a long wait list though, I had to wait a year before he had time to do mine :D Only takes him about two weeks to do a full set from start to finish :D

It takes about half an hour to put on the costume, with an assistent that is :') Did cut the time to 20 minutes once, but that was with everything prepared and an assistent who had helped me earlier that day too :)
NanoVed wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 11:15 Also, Wow! People never look the way you might imagine them from behind a nickname and a game avatar. lol.
Thank you ;) And yes, seeing someone you know from ingame is always interesting :D
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

what the actual fuck.
It's awesome.

Didn't even know one can buy something like this.
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

ouned wrote: 03 Dec 2017, 14:02 what the actual fuck.
It's awesome.

Didn't even know one can buy something like this.
10147702.jpg
Thank you! :blush: Some people purchase individual parts and kits to make the costume themselves, some purchase and built kits but have others paint them, and others commision someone like Bobamaker to make the full costume for them, like me. In any case Boba Fett is among the most complex and expensive Star Wars costumes to make. I personally chose to have Bobamaker make it for me, both because I was afraid to mess up kits and paintjobs with my shaky hands, the last of which is what make or break a Boba suit, but also because I wanted it to be as screen accurate as possible, and for that Bobamaker is one of the best when it comes to full costume commisions. It's expensive, but I haven't had a single regret, and I look forward to put it to good use in the 501st when I get the costume approved :)
Milka

Post by Milka »

Very nice detailed costume! I bet it costs almost as much as the Boba Action Figure with usable jetpack rocket (wich is very rare and up to 15k-20k us-$ xD). :D
You should also think about to apply for the Tydirium Fan movie beside joining the 501st! ;)
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Milka wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 19:46 Very nice detailed costume!
Thank you :D
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)