GoEasy On New ppl

General topics about Star Wars or Jedi Knight II.
dickspringfieldw

GoEasy On New ppl

Post by dickspringfieldw »

i agree with palpame's post we should go easy on new people they are the future of jk2 and we should give them all the experience we have so let's all reply on this post what have we contributed to JK2 regarding new ppl What are the environments suitable for new PPL? I think lame protection should be off on all servers so new PPL can kill any afker they want to and feel the satisfaction of getting a kill , What About Bots? I think servers should be loaded with smart bots , What about Guns? maybe we should give them guns and try other gametypes like Duel CTF ... ETC
Kevin
Administrator

Re: GoEasy On New ppl

Post by Kevin »

dickspringfieldw wrote: 06 May 2017, 08:40 I think lame protection should be off on all servers so new PPL can kill any afker they want to and feel the satisfaction of getting a kill , What About Bots? I think servers should be loaded with smart bots , What about Guns? maybe we should give them guns and try other gametypes like Duel CTF ... ETC
Some new players end up getting hunted simply for being less skilled or by killing somebody by accident to "feel the satisfaction of getting a kill", so removing lame protection might have the opposite effect - it is disabled on most servers anyway; most only have chat protection enabled.

Too many bots can be a huge turn off for many players, and might end up having those people find another server. If by "smart bots" you mean Steve & Friends on TSL or similar servers, then I think those might scare new players even more, at least if you want servers "loaded" with them. One Steve is scary enough on his own.

Guns on regular ffa servers would be a turn off for old players, as it often create a lot of chaos, interfear with fights, etc.

There are already many servers with various gametypes, but nobody plays anything except FFA these days. Well, except when we throw Gun Game events and such things every once in a while. While this could help it is going to be pretty boring if most old players don't want to tag along.

I agree that we need to go easy on newcomers, as it isn't an easy game to get into, but I don't think these idéas are going to be of much help, and would most likely end up scaring either the new players or the old players away.
MGGFxMike

Re: GoEasy On New ppl

Post by MGGFxMike »

Steve's abit advanced for new players i've seen him scare quiet a few of TSL lol.
[t~SL]'Mike|Aa
[t~SL] Deucalion|Aa
JK2 Talents: Mapping,Visual Modding,Skinning,Modeling
PC: Programming,Html,Java,Visual Animation,App Developer,
General: Pyrotechnical tech team,Twitch Live streamer.
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)