so there is no doubt that jk2 is one of the greatest games ever and it would be a pity to just let it die like that. I was a CTF player, but I am talking about all kind of gametypes: CTF, FFA force lame or duel.
First thing, I want you to imagine, imagine there is a jk2 for all gametypes with:
- MMR (ratings like Dota2 or LoL, ranked)
- alot of more players
- no bugs, crashes, abuses, cheating
- match making system to quickly find people to play CTF 5on5, 6on6, duel, force lame or whatever you want
Well, would be cool, would have been cool years ago but now jk2 is dead. Well, not exactly dead but it is going more inactive lately. Thing is, in 2016 we have alot of chances that wouldnt be possible years ago. There are many pages and projects such as Kickstarter, Game Design Studios looking for good game ideas, Crowd Funding pages.
There are four things going on right now:
1) eSports is becoming like huge in Europe and is already in Asia
2) It is all about money, and there is alot of money involved, for tournaments, communities, Steam and companies who want to sell their stuff. Just look at DotA2, the price money they get is higher than the reward pro footballers get for winning games
3) eSports community is constantly seeking new games to attract the crowd
4) There is no shooter as "big" eSports game currently except CSGO and Overwatch, though 1.02 isnt exactly a shooter, is MOBA dominated
So the thing is, jk2 1.02 as fast paced "close combat FPS" would be the perfect game to fill that niche. Im not talking about jk2 1.02 as it is right now, its too full of bugs, crashes, its incomplete. I dont believe Ravensoft or someone is going to make a JK4, and if they do it will be close to JK3 kinda. What I want is take the current combat system of jk2 1.02 entirely (including of course, the force lame fighting) and make an entirely new game with all the features mentioned above. I do not know if it should be called Ninja Wars and it is Katana instead of light saber and you pull someone with a ninja rope instead of force pull, that doesnt matter anyway - but you get the idea regardless of what "universe" the current combat system will be put into.
So, i thought about giving this a try without too much effort to present our idea and our game to kickstarter, crowd funding pages or gaming studios that want to make an eSport title but got no fucking idea what they should do because the world is fed up with Mobas already. Again, without too much effort, we would just need some text, presenting the game, and perhaps some movies and screenshots introducing the game and the general idea. If anyone is willing to help me, or if you want to share your ideas, please post in here or contact me.
So, to sum it up: the project is about finding a gaming studio willing to believe in this. the money of crowd funding would go into supporting them. i need your help to show them the passion and fire for this game, and make them see how great this game was (is).
PS: I know this isnt a jk2 1.02 board but also for jk 1.03 and 1.04, so why not execute this idea with 1.04? Well, simply put Ive tried both and everyone Ive talked to believes jk2 1.02 is more fast paced, more entertaining and thats why competitive is still alive for so long. However, its still an opinion and if you believe 1.04 is better suited thats cool, but this thread is for making it work based on jk2 1.02 combat system for no force/force lame.
Last edited by Ferox
on 26 Nov 2016, 13:30, edited 2 times in total.