JK2 on G4TV back in early 2000's

General topics about Star Wars or Jedi Knight II.
Miso

JK2 on G4TV back in early 2000's

Post by Miso »

These videos are from G4's television show "Arena", which was a show where they have teams compete against eachother on the selected game. Jedi Outcast was played a lot on this show. I think it is console version, but regardless, it's very entertaining to watch.
*CAUTION* I think it's fine to judge how these guys play, but you have to remember that the game was probably brand new at the time :P
Also, it is a LITTLE bit corny, FYI.

This one is Jedi Academy TFFA on Xbox, with the new host, probably a year prior.

Info on G4TV for those who do know know:

G4TV was a television network that was the first to specialize as a video game television network in the United States. All of their shows consisted of gaming, with shows like:

* Arena, basically a show where team vs team competes in the selected game
* Cheat!, a show that informs the viewer about cheat codes / tips & tricks
* Filter, top 10 video games selected by viewers
* Pulse, news show on the latest of the video game industry

And many other G4 shows that I could list on, but you can also look them up.
I was very young when this station was around, but my brother & I would watch them. We mostly watched The Screen Savers and X-Play, as well as their annual Live E3 coverage.

They later merged with TechTV which focused primarily on technology rather than video games, which G4 soon ruined it all later on. Some of TechTV's greatest shows were The Screen Savers & X-Play. X-Play focused on video games with funny comedy skits as well. G4 was ruining TechTV and was firing people one by one that originated from TechTV, and G4 eventually turned into a "reality" TV station that did not really focus on gaming at all, and rather shows like Cops, Cheaters, and other really shitty shows, and G4 eventually went under. They thought that gamers did not enjoy watching video games etc. And since then, Youtube, Twitch, and other platforms have proved that this statement was completely wrong. They were sitting on a goldmine and they completely screwed it all up. Here's a great video about G4TV explaining everything I just said but in video form:

Jj.miso
Boothand
Administrator

Re: JK2 on G4TV back in early 2000's

Post by Boothand »

Woah! Interesting find. I'll check it out :D

Imagine if these teams were at today's top players' level. Ah well..
Acrobat

Post by Acrobat »

Don't do drugs
NubSmoo

Post by NubSmoo »

That is badass
{Nub} Ownz Your Face!
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)