Star Wars: Rouge One [Teaser Trailer]

General topics about Star Wars or Jedi Knight II.
Kevin
Administrator

Star Wars: Rouge One [Teaser Trailer]

Post by Kevin »

The official teaser trailer for Rouge One have just been released, and it looks quite interesting! ^_^ Thought I'd share it here, for those who haven't seen it yet! :D

Miso

Re: Star Wars: Rouge One [Teaser Trailer]

Post by Miso »

Not sure why, but this trailer did not interest me nearly as much as Force Awakens.
To me, it feels too forced and styled just like many other modern movies today rather than a unique Star Wars feel to it.

Of course, this is my own opinion.
Jj.miso
jozuf

Post by jozuf »

+1 for Donnie Yen and Whitaker
+2 for Mothma
-10 for the rest (another deathstar story, are you fucking serious?)
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

jozuf wrote:+1 for Donnie Yen and Whitaker
+2 for Mothma
-10 for the rest (another deathstar story, are you fucking serious?)
This story is suposed to show how the rebels got their hands on the Death Star blueprints, before Tantive IV is boarded by Vader and the stormtroopers in IV :D It takes place between episode 3 and 4, probably mostly closest to IV :)
Miso wrote:Not sure why, but this trailer did not interest me nearly as much as Force Awakens.
To me, it feels too forced and styled just like many other modern movies today rather than a unique Star Wars feel to it.

Of course, this is my own opinion.
They announced that this movie will be a lot more focused on the war aspect of Star Wars a few months ago, so it is only natural that the tone will be different :)
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

Bildschirmfoto vom 2016-04-08 12-02-34.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2016-04-08 12-02-34.png (633.33 KiB) Viewed 53742 times
Bildschirmfoto vom 2016-04-08 11-56-51.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2016-04-08 11-56-51.png (294.62 KiB) Viewed 53742 times
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

If they pull another Death Star based story with slight adjustments it will be very boring. I am more interested in the actual story after Palpatines death, how the First Order was created, how Snoke seized control and who he actually is. Also, why the Republic and the Rebels are split in two groups, nvm if they "support" eachother. I assume the trailer is just a flash back within Rogue One, because there will probably an entire movie dedicated to the time between Episode 3 and 4
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Ferox wrote:If they pull another Death Star based story with slight adjustments it will be very boring. I am more interested in the actual story after Palpatines death, how the First Order was created, how Snoke seized control and who he actually is. I assume the trailer is just a flash back within Rouge One, because there will probably an entire movie dedicated to the time between Episode 3 and 4
Read my previous post :) It is going to tell the story about how the rebels got their hands on the plans for the first Death Star :) It takes place before IV, though probably not too long before :D They're most likely not gonna blow up the Death Star, as it is the same as in IV :)
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Jyn Orso, which almost sounds like "Jan Ors"... Trying to steal the plans of the death star (didn't Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors do that in Dark Forces?).
Watching the trailer for the first time I didn't really care for the story, but instead I spend most of the time wondering how they might spell Jyn's name, hoping they would also announce some Kane Katan or something. :P

If they would tell a story similar to Dark Forces with characters having similar names it might actually spark a bit of activity in Dark Forces and its sequels. But well, let's wait and hope - so far it's only rumors and imaginations running wild. :mrgreen:
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg check at 1:17-1:18

the Emperor and the red royal guards next to him. i remember having a skin for jk2 for red royal guards when I started jk2, using it for like a year or something. unfortunately its probably lost by now
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

Ferox wrote:the Emperor and the red royal guards next to him. i remember having a skin for jk2 for red royal guards when I started jk2, using it for like a year or something. unfortunately its probably lost by now
but they are in EP3, too
fau
Staff

Post by fau »

Ferox wrote:I remember having a skin for jk2 for red royal guards when I started jk2, using it for like a year or something. unfortunately its probably lost by now
1. https://jkhub.org/files/file/616-royal-guard-pack/
guard2.0.pk3
(297.93 KiB) Downloaded 1106 times
Not sure about 2's origin. Perhaps it was made by Lord Hassan for polish "Royal Guard" clan in 2002 and based on Mon Mothma model. Anyway, it was VT (Vader's Templars) clan's official and required skin so I used it exclusively for 3 years or so, good memories. It was both regular and role-playing clan, we had a great mixture of both going (eg. never bowed before a duel which caused a good deal of drama and bans back when everyone was in his early teens :D )
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

really? never noticed them in Ep3, but its been ages since I watchd Star Wars movies (except the latest). thanks for the skin ;D. so like Rogue One isnt Episode 8 but an canon off-spin kind of?
Kevin
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Ferox wrote:really? never noticed them in Ep3, but its been ages since I watchd Star Wars movies (except the latest). thanks for the skin ;D. so like Rogue One isnt Episode 8 but an canon off-spin kind of?
Yeah, I think they call them anthology films :) They are not going to be "episodes" like The Force Awakens, but standalone films :)
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)