Your JK2 story

General topics about Star Wars or Jedi Knight II.
Ferox

Your JK2 story

Post by Ferox »

we had this thread on the old r2o forums, so lets start it here to. post your history on jk2 here, your best moments or things you remember.

ill repeat what i wrote on r2o. i took the time to write this not only to show my own story, but to somehow make sure the jk2 story as whole is remembered, so some things are not directly related to me here. dont ask me why i remember some things that exactly, i just do for some reason. this story is mainly based on CTF europe as that is what I have played mostly, perhaps someone can go for the FFA story as well.

the force awakens:

- thanks for meeting many people IRL: Niall/Colo, Inwader (Gergö), Shogun, Primi, Domyno, Mero, Nash, Amethyst, Kaze and some more but I forgot their Jk2 nickname ^^
- actually i never wanted to buy jk2, i was 12 and wanted to have some Vampire game. though they didnt have it but i badly wanted to buy something so I forced my mum to buy jk2
- my first moment ever was on ns_streets where i got asked if i was a big Star Wars fan by a guy glitching next to me, i dont know why i remember this
- the mystery of Ogami Itto (founder of OR)
- played jk2 for years without actually watching any Star Wars movies until 5 years ago
- not only jk2 was new to me but the whole computer/internet thing as well, and as 12 year old kid this whole stuff is pretty amazing to you
- started my early days randoming on FFA in all kind of servers. i remember a guy called TruV_Power or True_Power, i believe he was FoU but not sure. it was American server anyway and i had no clue about ping and lag, so i thought him hitting me from a big distance was some kind of special attack
- kinda played every day and believed i was special from the very early time, i challenged everybody i could see to a duel to 5 and actually won alot of it by repeating the same 3 movements without even knowing DFG
- I created my own clan SoR and used to play with several different nicknames, wanting people to believe the clan has many members. I also created a homepage for the clan using "Beepworld.de".

PuDeTo times

- after some time i joined PuDeTo server and got into their community, where i also met Cpt. Kirk, Kaze (whom i later met IRL), Sephiroth and Lesh. i didnt follow any rules, so got myself banned very soon from PuDeTo being the 12 year old that flamed everybody whether I won or lost.
- i also believe the term dfg and dfa (the distinction) was first used within the PuDeTo community, so PuDeTo should actually take credit for these terms. dfg aka death from ground and dfa meaning death from above if you use the spike (looking up) when dfging.
- countless times of playing country_roads on PuDeTo (thanks ShroomDuck) and im sure I could still do the labyrinth after 10 years (actually did it 2 years ago or something on the first try)
- PuDeTo was also the first community to host several tournaments though only within their own community, such as duel tournaments. PuDeTo meaning Puppenstube des Todes (puppet house of death, kinda)

CTF jedi master early times

- since i was gone/banned from PuDeTo (damm it was a shock for a 12 year old, literally) i went to CTF, who was living and blooming next to FFA at that time. it was the age of CTF jedi master, where u would play without weapons and with force powers with slow forceregentime, mostly on public servers hosted by oldschool DBD and various other clans at that time, including ToD and their underclan SC.
- CTF jm europe at that time was kinda advanced considering jk2 had been so young. u basically had 2 runners with mostly light side using speed and absorb, and the opposite of support was called "protector", who supplied the runners with force and actually went to enemy base to help the runner escape. once the runner was in base, the "protector" would baseclean, so we didnt really have a support and bc but a protector who did both jobs at the same time. the old school idea of protector is also how i got the idea to introduce the "support" position, but that comes later.
- as far as returning goes, in early early CTF jm 99% of ppl used speed and force sharing to keep force regen up, using dark side with speed and rage to keep speed up. i believe i saw this first used by EoD with Belta and Flawless (so credits to Flaw for that, for real), though i cant tell who first invented the speed+rage+force sharing combo. later on people would also use light side of the force with speed and absorb only to return, because there were too many protectors in public spaming push to push the dark side returners away.
- CTF jm clanwars were usually 6on6 (or more), with 2 runners, 1-2 protectors and 2-3 returners depending on the numbers on each time
- personally, i was always returning with speed and absorb and did pretty well

OOJ and RoK

- one of the people that contributed most to early CTF were OOJ, including Strychnos, Suicidal, Strong_Guy, Kalan, Zynkan, Affe (or something like that), Mod and Boost, probably missed some names but anyway. many things that now seem obvious were first used by these guys, so naturally they were role models for a 12 year old kid and I wanted to join their underclan, RoK.just on a side note, its funny that all clans had under clans at that time with DBD having JA, ToD having SC, OOJ having RoK, only BBB didnt have underclans though they had internal rankings => http://oi59.tinypic.com/2yjwql2.jpg
- so i got accepted into RoK and at that time i already had a fair amount of skill, there were many people better than me but I was already decent after about 1 year of jk2. I played in RoK not under the name Ferox bot as "eXodus", and met Sensey there oder the name "Unforgiven". only years later we found out we had actually played together in RoK ages ago.
- i remember a tournament OOJ vs RoK, where Strychnos pulled a prank on getting married and leaving jk2, leaving everybody speechless
- eventually Mod and Boost took care of me and taught me alot of CTF, including the very basics of advanced CTF. they were a big reason for me to stay in RoK and go for OOJ, but they left to join BBB so I couldnt be very bothered with RoK anymore. I believe I got kicked out of RoK for multiclaning secretly, but I couldnt tell for sure now.

OOJ vs BBB

- one of the greatest games I ever witnessed was OOJ vs BBB clanwar. BBB was number one probably at that time destroying OOJ in every single gametype, though Mod connected just before CTF was about to begin and BBB lost their first and only CTF game against OOJ with a splendid performance by Mod => http://lupus1.com/bbb/img/TFFA-results-OOJ.jpg , http://oi58.tinypic.com/25gut78.jpg

BBB

- i wanted to follow Mod and Boost after they left OOJ for BBB, this is where I also got to know more about Lupus and the other BBB members.
- i played countless of duels with them and especially with Lupus and even though jk2 developed so much I would say Lupus is one if not the best duel player of all time, had he continued to play jk2. his dueling was insane at that time. I wouldnt have been such a success later on in the tournaments without spending my days playing public with him.
- eventually, Kenshin from SoH also joined BBB => http://lupus1.com/bbb/img/TFFA-results-SoH.jpg
- i got recruited as BBB-t after a while, though I got kicked soon enough for just being myself (I guess I was 14 or something? 2 years of jk2 by that time)

All Star Tournament

- at that time there was a tournament hosted by RICK, divided into 2 American teams and one European team. I was in that team with the tag [**TEAM EUROPE] Ferox, together with Mod, though the actual tournament never happened we played several scrims.

The competition at its peak - Rotlichtbezirk server

- u could pretty much say this was old school's highest peak of competition. we had BBB, OOJ, DBD as top clans as well as various other clans that also had good members and apart from that we had the American community being active
- pretty soon after I got kicked out of BBB i stayed clanless for a while. at that time Americas influence hit Europe, as Americans had always (?) been playing CTF jedi guardian level with weapons (the weapons we still use: Mines, forcefield, Sentry on yavin).
- one day a new server appeared called Rotlichtbezirk, hosted by Sechsi and his son Storm-Eye. BBB members ruled over this server with RCON and it became one of the most popular servers next to DBD public. guess RCON abuse happened occasionally, but this server adapted CTF jedi guardian with weapons.
- since I still wanted to be in BBB, I decided to fake a BBB member and actually gained access to all their private sections, which soon got me busted and banned from Rotlichtbezirk
- at BBB vs JA clanwar, FetchD managed to get -5 points in 20 minutes in his first ever CTF game

Fury

- at that time I wanted to quit 1.02 and move on to 1.04 and eventually JK3, that I played for several months. I had quit 1.02 for good, the only reason I came back was because Mod asked me to join Fury that was created with Mod, Boost and Zynkan as main members.
- Fury was a new super team, that could pretty much beat every clan. though a clanwar never happened between DBD and BBB or Fury and BBB/DBD.
- too bad I dont have the screens anymore of Lupus and V-tecc discussing on old DBD forums for a clanwar date, pretty fun to read
- Fury was also where I quit my identity as "eXodus" and started my new Jk2 as "Ferox". Fury didnt last long though, as Mod decided to rejoin BBB with Boost following him pretty soon.

DBD and JA

- since I was clanless, I decided to join JA, DBD's underclan. at that time it was still unknown who is "the best", as I said an actual clanwar never happened between the big clans (BBB and DBD). OOJ at that time was pretty much gone now was their main members joined either BBB, DBD or went inactive. couldnt tell who was better at that time, one thing is for sure it would have been a close game with Filazer, V-tecc, Psycho being top players at that time
- I also secretly joined an Austrian clan made by an DBD I think it was FelloW, called smoking something, I really cant remember.
- i enjoyed JA, though I wanted to be DBD and couldnt be bothered to go through the JA trials.
- one of the greatest matches I played was the JA vs DBD friendly clanwar, where JA actually managed to do a draw against DBD, me and GuardianAngel (later: CoS # Furesy) carried alone pretty much. it was also one of my best performances in CTF and duel, winning 18 duels in a row
- one of the funniest moments in my game was killing Filazer with mindtrick on CTF jm and him threatening me with being kicked out of JA for "playing like a coward"
- eventually I got kicked after doing the JA trial where u were supposed to duel 2on1 against 2 DBD members, i won that match clearly and demanded DBD spot that I was denied.

CTF NF

- around that time CTF NF was also introduced finally. it was first introduced by Rotlichtbezirk, though BBB and DBD members kind of introduced CTF NF officially by putting NF+weapons on their server in Europe, though the Americans actually invented using no force CTF with sentry and mines. CTF JM was now gone
- this was also the time where Mod published his first CTF NF BBB movie and this pretty much started the whole movie making era (check here for the movies:http://lupus1.com/BBBdownloads/ )
- I created a clan called serVant where I recruited several people including Kazuya and Ni (CoS # Gawers), that clan actually battled alot of American clans and also DBD in a funwar that DBD won, which was used by DBD as claim to officially have beaten me, probably because they couldnt stand the fact they were humiliated by me in the JA vs DBD game
- after serVant died, i joined KoD with Laco and Flawless. this was also the time where CoS was finally created by Gotchi, FetchD, Sammy and Celestial Avenger.

Unification Tournaments

- me and Lupus actually hosted the first big tournaments in Europe, the Unification tournament I where i took 2nd place against Lupus in the finals and BBB winning the CTF one (where I took part in the EoS CTF europe team) - unitour.net.ms for screenshots

KoD vs CoS

- eventually KoD vs CoS happened. it was me and Sammy dueling for the team color choice on yavin, and that first duel that later went on as tradition to decide for base choice on captains
- we decided on duel, tffa and ctf. CoS won CTF and denied TFFA and duel which was agreed, so technically and in my opinion the only game CoS ever lost was the KoD clanwar.

Early CoS and USB tournament

- soon after KoD had died I applied for CoS; i was forced to sign a word document where it said I must behave and follow the rules (not a joke here)
- it was also this time where CoS first became publicly known to people, though there was still BBB, DBD and the Americans
- in time and partly because DBD hated me and i was in CoS, DBD started to blame CoS members for cheating including script and lag, though we never agreed on a clanwar. fuel was added to the war because main DBD member Penge went to join CoS
- eventually the first USB tournament was hosted by Kinshu, where DBD and CoS joined. BBB was pretty much inactive at that time already and didnt take part. I still remember V-tecc officially giving Filazer the order to "Execute CoS" on a private chat that accidentally got shown on public chat by this ^ bug back then

CoS vs DBD

- finally CoS and DBD met in the finals of this tournament. ironically, we knew DBDs private forum section password which was "DBD4Life". whenever CoS scored on CTF all 5 of us would spam "CoS 4 Life", eventually CoS won over DBD in CTF 4-1, it was NOT a clear game but a close call. - CoS actually lost TFFA to DBD, so i never understood the celebration of Pi when winning one round. CoS has lost several parts of a clanwar, including this TFFA. however, CoS won the duel with a splendid performance by Sammy leaving me (Ferox) sitting in spectate and not actually playing one duel because he won them all, thus making CoS the victors over DBD.

FFA times

- after the clanwar I went to play alot of FFA with and dare to say I was pretty decent with light force, mainly because I used to play with absorb back then in CTF jm and was good at surviving. this was also where I met Wesley and eventually Niall, who took interest in coming to CTF with me and joining CoS later on

CoS era

- we actually played DBD again in the USB Tournament II, though it was the new school DBD and not the old school DBD members so there was no hate going on. the USB tournament II was never finished, though.
- this was also the time of highest competition with DBD, qSa, the rest of BBB, the American community, Mystic, ToD and several other clans.
- at that time there was also SC with Laco, Shaggy, Xavos and other members that later went to form qSa. CoS had beat SC in the USB tournament II with the main members that after that left SC and built qSa. i didnt play this game though as I was still CoS-t at that time.
- CoS # Gotchi who in fact was DBD|Belta (thats how we got the password for DBD forums) had always feared that I would take over leadership of CoS and therefore disliked me
- here is the first and only official CoS movie of the whole clan and not single individuals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTHv2yL8u-o

CoS vs qSa

- soon after qSa was build CoS and qSa yet entered a new tournament, though I forgot its name. CoS and qSa met in the group stage and CoS lost the first game.
- for the finals, i introduced the first version of support ever to jk2 and played as supportive camp ret with FetchD hunting and Penge and Sammy running, rendering qSa's blue base unable to score more than once. in my personal opinion, it was the best game i ever played for CoS, and one of the best games CoS played as team. after defeating qSa, CoS won yet another tournament => watch the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdkRucdhniI
- on a side note, Mod was qSa at these times, though Ultra who was also qSa at that time didnt play in the finals, just mentioning to make sure i dont tell this story from a one sided PoV
- naturally, CoS could have easylie lost to qSa in the finals as well and history could have gone differently. with two top teams facing off, there is always a certain amount of luck and randomness needed. thats why a league like Premiere League tells most about which team was best in a season, because a few random lucky loses dont count but the whole thing. but CoS did splendid that game anyway.

CoS # Colossus

- naturally, not everything is cool and full of flowers. there had been many internal wars, especially between me and Belta, and later on me and FetchD or Sammy against Colossus. though whenever CoS had to stand as union against outsiders, we had always been a team to go for victory.
- with recruiting Colossus and other members improving as well the CoS era has now begun. we played countless games, countless public vs all and I believe CoS was pretty much the reason jk2 was so alive at that time, because literally everybody went and tried to beat us. sorry Belta that Colo replaced you, hes just too talented.
- played too many CoS vs all public and too many clanwars that I could mention them all: http://oi61.tinypic.com/23lz21d.jpg , http://i59.tinypic.com/16h5ev5.jpg , http://oi58.tinypic.com/2ex32bk.jpg , http://oi60.tinypic.com/feqc2a.jpg
- CoS # Ultra
- dropping to other runners became popular because of a funny reason, which was me always wanting the flag and kicking people who wouldnt drop (infamous "drop or kick" bind), later on it was used for an entire different purpose obviously where Shagrath and me were the first ones to use it in captains together
- also thanks to all the CoS that were never in the spotlight as much but helped to win countless games in both, public and clanwar as well (Ishtem, Nash, Shane, Furesy, and so forth)

Duel tournaments

- this was also the time of weekly duel tournaments, where me and Sammy won most of them, I believe the only ones that werent won by either of us were won once by Laco
- it was also the time of American duel tournament, where I joined as only Euro and got Assik as first enemy and won against [OR] BlazE in the finals. I lost the second American duel tournament though, in the finals again against Ruck 4-5. I also remember Geo Sith and Spawn spectating and joining after Ruck beat me trying to kill me and both getting fragged by me, then i /q

American CTF tournament (uK)

- this was also around the time when attention moved from Europe to Americans. first, CoS had closed for a while a year after defeating qSa and I joined uK together with Wesley, Flaw and Colo. uK joined an American CTF tournament where EoS (American) had also been signed up, though after uK signed up EoS resigned. obviously this is my PoV now and they claimed EoS had retired, but I wonder why they would sign up for a CTF tournament if they planned to retire anyway. this v_O clan with Spawn and others had already been inactive by that time, though the players still played as individuals
- uK beats Defiance 24-0, tournament is canceled because several clans had died
- i remember playing several captains on American CTF server hosted by Lando, so the actual idea of Captaing yet again goes back to Americans and in particular Lando hosting these games

CoS rebirth

- some former CoS and me decided to create a new clan, with Laco commenting in public "i hope this tag is a joke, I liked CoS better". then i spontanously decided to answer "very well" and renamed to CoS # Ferox and everybody doing the same, making Laco disconnect
- after CoS was closed and there was the time of uK and 1hp in between (where former BBB|Kenshin was a member as 1hp Light), CoS was reunited

NT mod

- this was also the time where some American guy called Stizz (according to Reality) found passion in crashing European servers, thus making cpts or cws impossible for almost a year. without Reality and this NT mod, jk2 would have died out by that point because everybody was already gone as playing was impossible.

American CTF tournament (CoS) and CoS vs Shish

- Americans decided to host another CTF tournament with CoS deciding to take part next to Kraul's squad and Team Shish with Trident
- CoS made it to the finals against Shish, losing the first game mainly because of me as I insisted on supporting which delayed the game until the time limit but I neglected the fact that FetchD had high ping and couldnt return like he would with low ping, me moving to run therefore, with Sensey being the man of the game in the second round by completely surprising them and uplifting our ret rate.
- the deciding third round would be the most exciting round in the history of jk2, even more exciting than later Pi vs CoS with CoS drawing just before timelimit would have run off, and after drawing everybody in the team_chat shouting "focus, get flag", not a single second wasted on joy that we drawed but with the mindset already focused on getting the total win. for about 20 minutes it had been draw, until Sammy finally - fitting for the leader of CoS -scored the most important flag score of CoS' history and crowned CoS as champions of the whole world => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9bgV1061vI

New school

- after this game to me personally, old school has ended and around that time new school had begun. as most people on this forums know about this time, there is no need to write further as this time has mainly been dominated by captains and eventually the Pi vs CoS clanwar => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU7J7g7d6PQ , which was one of my worst performances I played for CoS and also my fault for losing that round, with Silver and Toka doing splendid at ret
- after that clanwar, i personally reached my prime and peak of skill level for about 2 years after while jk2 itself also grew very fast in terms of skill
- 2on2 tournament after the Pi clanwar where the finals was CoS-only
- CoS vs FoS clanwar (Blauwal)
- InterludeTV playing in the finals of the tournament that never happened except for first round

to mention a few more names, though leaving even more out:

Reality, because without NT mod servers would have continued to crash and Jk2 would have died out long before all these amazing matches happened,
the American CTF community,
all the guys who made maps (Ishtem, Azzuro, ShroomDuck) and mods (Daggolin, Boothand, Padaget) or hosted forums (Wari) and servers (Sechsi, Flaw, Cpt. Kirk, DBD) as well as Streams,
Mod, Boost and Lupus as well as V-tecc, Kinshu (host of USB), Emperor and Strychnos also SoH (McMaul) for leading clans and basically creating jk2 Europe,
Danayo for leading CnC for many years,
Laco, for solo carrying Pi and making it a top team and keeping the competition up,
Colossus, for introducing pretty much everything BC's now do,
Sensey, for being the historys best Camp ret and first using many of the things that are now standard,
FetchD and Ultra for being the best chase rets of all time and a big reason why people continued to play jk2,
Wesley for introducing rolls/movement on yavin everyone but me copied,
Trident and Ultima for keeping games exciting,
Toka and Remco for being pretty much the only New school players that became top players and added life to jk2,
Inter and Flawless for organizing tournaments and captains,
finally, the entire jk2 community and everybody who played and made (make) this possibly one of the best games of FPS-history, it has never been a single guy but all of us together that made games possible.
Last edited by Ferox on 19 Oct 2015, 06:32, edited 2 times in total.
ouned
Administrator

Re: Your JK2 story

Post by ouned »

nice storys :D

there is one part which is a bit wrong though.
NT wasn't the one who fixed all the bugs at first for 1.02.
It actually was Jedi_Pathetique. Though they could be the same person. They had a lot in common. :D
His mods were very decent and you barely noticed them which is why most players didn't even notice. just like jk2mv.

I just think we shouldn't forget this guy, hes the one who got the stone rolling for 1.02.
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

even though i wrote so much, there is a lot missing still so i left out the recent happenings including jk2 mv or people that improved lately. but regarding the NT issue, i dont know what Reality exactly fixed with NT but he did fix the one thing which made jk2 impossible at that point: the one particular method this American used to ruin Euro servers which emptied CTF. since the fix, old people started to come back, i never heard of that Jedi guy though
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

I enjoyed the read, a lot of funny stuff too. I think it's good that history of JK2 is recorded somewhere, this is a nice contribution to that. Also, that's a fascinating amount of... text. I was shocked scrolling through it for overview, not reaching the bottom.

I'm not really fit for telling the history of FFA, because even though I played a long time, I wasn't too involved in what was going on. Someone else would be better for that.

Anyway, I'll try to summarize my story as I remember it (which I don't do very well).

I can't remember when I started, but I must have been something like 12 years, maybe. That would be in 2005, also possible I started earlier, but I've no way of knowing.
I remember calling myself ^4Chicken Spank. Only played on force servers. Was taught FF and PP immediately, and was truly enchanted with the excitement of playing online and the mystery of all the things you could learn that I had no idea about, having only played single player.

I had a master, an american guy. He was called something like /2ytcher or /2itcher, and I remember when he taught me DBS. It didn't last too long, eventually he was gone.

[UHM]
Everything felt so important. I think the clan culture contributed to that. I think I abstained from joining any clans, until I got an idea one time on a family vacation (without computers). I got inspired to make my own clan, because I thought I was skilled enough now to be a leader. I kept the idea until I got home, and thus started [UHM] (Underestimated Hilarious Monkeys). This was probably a couple of years after I started... I remember asking someone in game how to make a clan. I clearly thought you had to do something on a website or establish it somehow officially. The moment I renamed and had this tag was a special one.

Clans gave a sense of belonging and it was just easier to get to know people and play with them that way. I got some friends of mine to join, because I wasn't too shabby at the game really, and the members were pretty good. Unfortunately, I just barely remember anything from my childhood in general, and I've really forgot who was in it. You tell me. Honestly, I can only say for sure that Chicken Frank (now -E- Faden) and Genesis/Gensai (the swedish Jack) were in it. I have some more suspects, but can't really remember if they were, and people have renamed so I'm eternally confused.

The hazy stuff before or after, I don't even know
Somewhere along the way, UHM's glory days were over, but it lasted quite a while I think. I became friends with a dutch guy called Wizard/Architect who was really good at PP. I can't remember in which order, but at some point I was in SWF (Star Wars' Finest) with him, and he made either before or after RCG (Royal Club Gaming) which I was in too.

At some point I joined some guys in GoE (I suspect it may have been renamed to Grilled Omelette Egg, for whom I created a custom banner at a website), again can't tell if it was even before or after the other clans. I'm just lost. Oh yeah, there was some xTc clan I was in. All contact went through Xfire.

Gnur
By the time I renamed to Gnur, I was clanless for years. I was improving a lot in FF/PP and soon developed some tactics that me and Faden invented through very frequent FFing. I believe we may have introduced the aerial big plays (DBSing people high in the air, without grip), through timing pulls, pushes and headkicks, reading long jump escapes etc, which still to this day (2015) only a few people have followed up on and integrated in their playstyle. Being creative with backflips is something he showed me, which I continued to develop when he became less active. We're probably talking 2009-2012 timeframe.

Boothand
By the time I renamed to Boothand, I put a joke tag [H-HS] (Handheld Shoes) in front of my name, and told people the clan was full when people asked if they could join. I had come to terms with being clanless, and didn't have too much contact with people, except a few old timers who still played. I started playing NF too, and quickly got very invested in the mechanics. I realized there was a lot that you could do that was impossible in force servers (because of sv_fps), and spent a lot (!) of time figuring it all out on my own with test puppets. To this day, I still discover new approaches to saber dueling now and then and it changes a lot.

I started bringing more NF into my force gameplay and played more minimalistic (less random DBS, even though they gained me a lot of wins before).

Modding
Most people know and have tried the duck and horse models I made. All through my Jk2 history I've been interested in mapping and modeling. I mapped a lot, but never got to the point that I could release something. I remember playing around with making a chicken out of stretched primitives in 3DS Max, when I was.. young. 13/14 years old. The duck model didn't actually come before 2012, but it was always my dream to play as a chicken/duck when I was young.

I don't remember the circumstances around meeting Daggolin really, but it's not a long time ago. I think it was because of m!lka. At least, he showed me how to do a few things around the source code on Teamviewer, and it got me started messing around with it. 7-8 days later I had the prototype of my manual blocking mod, which I had to show everyone. Through testing, I realized I gotta change some things big-time, and have since idled waiting for a chance to do that mod properly.

These days
I started trying to do stuff to get new players and inspire current ones, and did some videos to explain lightsaber mechanics in basejk2. After that I was included in some pro-community projects such as this site, and some things in progress behind the scenes.

These days I'm in nD and hang out with them a bit, try to stream events now and then to generate some interest and stuff.
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

good post, and not too short yourself. keep it coming, especially for FFA, American CTF (FoU Snape!) and 1.04 that i obviously couldnt cover
Chazzberry

Post by Chazzberry »

Since people have divided their history into "chapters", I guess I'll do the same.

Mid 2011 - The Beginning; CoZ # , JotnR , i'm

I was late 13 at this time, jumping around bespin_streets and not knowing what to do with myself really. Then I saw that some people that were talking in chat had this weird series of letters and special characters in front of their name..which was really just their force clans called CoZ # and JotnR at the time. After I completed my quest to join these clans and learn from them, I decided to leave these mediocre groups and try to join something better. That's when I came across a couple i'm members in a random server. I asked them about their clan, and their whole ranking system they had. I saw this as an opportunity to climb the ranks and get better, so I decided to apply.

Late 2012 - CTF

After joining i'm, learning alot of cool people and getting better at the game, I decided to yet again leave to try and get better at CTF, which i'm kind of lacked, as they were mostly focused on force. Thanks to Twinblade, I got a spot in {FoS}. At the time I was really excited about joining the clan, because it was the first ctf clan I was in, and at the time it was one of the best actually (with Blauwal, Twinblade, Plasma etc). Around this time was when I started making decent renders and my editing started getting better, so I decided to try and use it for the somewhat "better". I decided to try and make the JK2 Top 5 Plays, where people would send in their demos and have them uploaded to youtube as a sort of "countdown", with me commentating in the background. This went alright for the first few weeks, but after that the community just lost interest I suppose, because the majority wanted to save their demos for their own movies. Next I tried something I thought would work alot better (I was wrong :D). I thought that people would have alot of funny/fail demos they wanted to dump somewhere, so I introduced the JK2 Funnies and Fails. It went on for a couple episodes, but then it met its inevitable fall just as the Top 5 Plays did. So thats when I decided to stop trying to "rejuvenate" the community, as it was just wasted pointless effort. Anyway, after having alot of fun wars and cpts in FoS, the clan had some major controversy which led to all the members leaving it.. That's when the majority decided to go join GotA. Around this time I knew my ctf position was meant to be a bc, as that was what I enjoyed the most really, other than camp retting. GotA didn't really last long either, as alot of members didn't get along well at all..

Early 2014 to 2015 - /( iL and S&H

After ctf started to decay, I decided to go back to force for a while. I joined a clan called /( iL, which was barely active at the time. Some members recognized me back from i'm, so it made joining quite easier. At this time I didnt really care about the game anymore, I had my fun in it and got decent in multiple gametypes, which was enough for me. iL didn't last long after my joining, so after geser asked me, I decided to join S&H (which was really long dead haha).
So yeah, other than playing some random ff's and nf games, I barely play the game anymore, as I just dont see the point in it anymore.

I met some cool people in my time, so I guess i'll list some off as a thanks :p

Twinblade - The man that introduced me to ctf and helped me greatly. Without him I doubt half of my story would be possible <3 I remember all the fun times we had in other games, like the time we baited foolish jedi to a cliff and force pushed them off to their doom in swtor :D

Boothand and Faden - Alot of fun times with these guys, met them when I was 14 and got to know them quite well. I remember the exact moment when they invited me in their skype call :D, thats when it all started...I was actually excited to join their gang called RodiaN at the time haha

NF guys; Ruax(the funniest f*cker I ever met in a game, havent seen him in years), Shax(fun fact, he actually hated me until he found out i played a game called melee, which he also liked), Teddy, Hydrax, Tyreal, Rainbow Dash, Dean, Madura, Jonny, NiZe, Dylan, Conney(alot of fun times with this guy haha)

Ephix - Met him when I was in GotA, really chill dude. Had alot of fun experiences with him in other games such as Mass effect 3 aswell.

Blauwal - The man that helped me alot in the ctf scene and was just all around the friendlist person in the game..RIP my good friend.

Norse - The guy that also helped me get good at force. Alot of fun times with this guy in other games aswell.

Disturb - A long time I tried to mimic his playstyle, which in the end turned out to be a mixture of alot of people that i fought against haha. Cool dude, not sure what he's doing right now tho.

Daimuro - Cool guy, loved editing our renders and learning from him aswell

Spectral - Very chill guy, met him through daimuro and still keep in touch.

Ferox - being my personal trainer :DD

Wesley - being an inspiration to multiple cappers and revolutionizing the scene with his rolls etc, cool dude if you know him well

Remkoe - didnt really know him long but we had some fun moments in game and in csgo aswell

Majestic - Known him since i'm, very intellectual fellow

Misery - Wish i'd known him earlier, really nice guy, sadly is working alot lately so havent heard from him in ages

Tokagerro , Crysis, Venge, Original, Geser, Shi, Xavia, Hage, Azkarat, Fudasys, Olka, Merlin, Roadrunner, Kayz, Reality

Sorry if I missed someone, ofc thanks to the whole jk2 community
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Since both of you had a little list of honorable name mentions, I'll do the same, since it relates to my 'Jk2 story'.

Faden - Mr. Man. Too much to say!

Chazzberry - I also remember the first time we included Chazz in our skype call. He warned us that he sounded like a girl, but he had a deeper voice than me (he being like 5 years younger), so I knew from this point that I could never trust him again. This is someone who confused his dad for his sister, on stream. In all seriousness, I met him on a server, taught him a few moves, then he improved and I had to train even outside of JK2 to make sure he did not surpass me. This guy is up for anything, 9/10, would stay at a cabbage with him.

Misery - Such a good player. We played a lot together, and he preceded Chazz as a regular guest on our Skype call show. Did you know he plays Peach in Mario Party? Peach is a girl.

Daggolin - One of the guys I know the best from JK2 almost without playing with him in-game at all! Strange, or what? He revolutionized Jk2 by (together with ouned) fusing 1.02, 1.03 and 1.04 into a... let's call it a shrutznel, and he made the crazy DARK server which everyone plays on. That warrants a horse sound on its own. Allegation: Daggolin does not sleep at any time of day. If he needs to, he always manages to talk his way out of it (slight burn intended).

Kayz - For being truly skilled in any force gametype and being one of my favorite FF opponents.

Fisto - /rcn stuatus; clnietkic 49. He got a move named after him, fistokicks. He's a celebrity who gets away using dirty dirty tricks because he's famous. However I cannot exclude him from this list since we made it to the top of that huge building in bespin streets, with mine climbing and he insists that we are old.

Disturb, Majestic, Norse, Unlimited, Elemental, Mighty - Very skilled FFers. I just know I've forgot... many. Many.

Shax - He thinks of me as his padawan in NF, and takes pleasure believing that would make him the grandmaster of Yolokala. He's arguably the best dueler and he knows it, and somehow manages to acknowledge it while still being a nice guy. Does bespin jumps that defy everything. Played a lot with him.

Yolokala - My unofficial NF padawan who learns faster than speed itself. Has sworn to permanently take out Shax, and I believe he may have promised to award me a couple of cities in England when he gets his real lightsaber in the mail. Not sure when. He might not know, I think people forget a lot when they are drunk.

Oldtimers who I played with a lot: Original, Flate, Vengeance, Atreyu (from RF), Beacon (always read Bacon), Wizard, Molly... will add more when I recall... life.
Chazzberry

Post by Chazzberry »

oh how could i forget beacon!
I also remember the first time we included Chazz in our skype call. He warned us that he sounded like a girl, but he had a deeper voice than me (he being like 5 years younger), so I knew from this point that I could never trust him again. This is someone who confused his dad for his sister, on stream. In all seriousness, I met him on a server, taught him a few moves, then he improved and I had to train even outside of JK2 to make sure he did not surpass me. This guy is up for anything, 9/10, would stay at a cabbage with him.

hahahahahahhaa
fou_original

Post by fou_original »

since ferox asked for snapes story, here it is. copied directly from fouclan.com
note that this is story is from 2004. enjoy

I often get asked how, when, where and why FoU started so here is the story of FoU through my eyes. Hope you like it.

Life as a n00b
Man did I suck! I'd downloaded and completed jk2 before it had even been released in shops and I had never even strayed from blue style (Desann was a tough cookie to beat in blue!). I remember the only reason I tried jk2 in multiplayer was because we were testing how well the network ran over certain games. Anyway, I saw some things that opened my eyes a little, stuff like duels that tweaked my curiosity enough to play some more. This was my first taste of an online multiplayer game.

So I continued to play, but like I said - I was a total n00b. My name was just plain 'ol Snape and I used the Kyle model. All I did was run around trying to kill people with blue but more often that not I was on the receiving end of a DFA... which is when I decided to give red style a shot. I found it annoyingly sluggish to start off with, but it sure did increase my kill count a lot. Still didn't know how to DFA and no bugger would tell me so I experimented and found out purely by accident (a badly timed jump) how to do them. I practised it until I could do it every time then took to the Bespin streets for some FFA and since the game had only just been released and not that many people were accustomed to the DFA move I actually won! w00t! I still sucked ass in duels but at least I was gaining some respect from my FFA victories!!!

My first Padawan(s)!
It was round about now that I started noticing the code of honor being used in the game and it was probably this that got me hooked. All the bowing and rules of fighting etc. - I thought it was great. Anyhoo, I wandered into a server called Blag (sniff) and started winning some FFA's in there... one time when I was just sitting back drinking mah cup 'o' tea I noticed two hapless players called Evan and Kyodo who were desperately trying to find out how to DFA... but everyone was ignoring them. Feeling pity on them because I myself had been there, I took them to the Bespin pad and slowly talked them through using red style and timing of DFA's etc. until they had both mastered it.

For some reason, this made me their master... they followed me wherever I walked and if anyone tried to kill me they would both pounce on them and *ahem* deal with them accordingly. I was like a pimp with two bodyguards! Well, we all met up on Blag for a couple of weeks just hanging out and practising and stuff but then I didn't really see them much after that. Would be cool to see them again though. Anyway after this, I went back to being alone.

The Klasher Conspiracy
Then one day when I was FFA'ing (as I always did) on ctf_yavin I noticed a player wearing the blue shadowtrooper skin, standing on the invisible platform on the very top of the map. Didn't say anything, just stood up there and watched everyone from above. I was intrigued. His name was Klasher and it was probably because of him that I stayed on jk2. Anyway I kept on asking him how the hell he got up there and tried jumping in numerous ways to reach the top, all to no prevail. Eventually I guess he just took pity on me cos he came down (still without saying anything), looked at me then used the wallrun technique to get back up to the top again. I finally managed to reach the top and thanked him for his help. I don't know why but I continued talking to him, even though he wasn't talking back he would nod occasionally while I wittered on about nothing in particular.

Finally he started talking back, we got along like a house on fire and frequently met up on Blag after that; each time we met he had a new trick to show me... the lying down, saber spin, float etc. He also showed me how to put color in my name which I went a little overboard with for a while (which I'm sure Bob will tell you!). Soon our duo turned into a trio with the arrival of The Jellybean Conspiracy (also played as The Sesame Seed Conspiracy), he was a good laugh and joined in with our messing around. I could go on for ages about the laughs we used to have but I know you all want to hear more on...

The Birth of FoU
Which VERY nearly never happened. One day on Blag, Klasher came in and started telling me about the new 1.03 patch and how I should go with him onto it, which I did. I upgraded and hung around with Klash on a couple of servers there but I just didn't like it... plus I'd made good friends with several 1.02 players like Dimmy and Andal who I wanted to hang with again. So with a heavy heart I said farewell to Klash and went back to 1.02 and Blag.

So then one time while we were goofing around on the Ctf_streets level, I suggested to Dimmy, Andal and Like Skywalker that we form a clan... Most of the people on Blag had joined TLoD (The Losers of Death) but we weren't interested cos they were too *****y and arrogant. They agreed, we had a couple of name suggestions (which I can't recall at the moment but I'll let you know when I remember!) then Dimmy suggested the Fate of the Unwanted which everyone instantly agreed with. So we all changed our names and thus FoU was born.

Within minutes we had our first recruit in the form of Winona (Strych's sister) who I then took on as my next padawan and to this day she still calls me master! Hell anyhoo, I believe this was our full roster when the fateful day that Blag went down hit us. To be honest I thought that may be the end of FoU before it even started... After it was apparent that Blag wasn't coming back in a hurry I tried to find another similar server... with full force, saber only on 1.02 and that is when I came across Drep's server.

From Blag to Drep
So there I was... all alone in a new server where I didn't know anyone. Thankfully no TLoD had made it here either. Can't tell you how relieved I was when Dimmy came in still baring the tag! Soon after, Andal and Winona both made it to Dreps but Like Skywalker was never to be seen again. I'd also hoped to see Jellybean make it across from Blag as I wanted him in FoU but alas, never saw him again.

I did switch from 1.02 to 1.03 occasionally just to say hey to Klasher but he was more into guns and started playing seriously whereas I was still prone to just having fun so I stopped going to 1.03 altogether and concentrated on making Dreps my new home and FoU my new family. By this time I had learnt most of the tricks from the game and almost all the secret areas so started showing other players how to do this stuff which gained me a bit of respect and Dimmy was the same...

We started off recruiting carefully, only similar fun-loving players would be recruited. I think the first recruit of Dreps into FoU may very well have been Ardy... with Ray and Mus soon to follow but I could be wrong (stranger things have happened!).

Population Increase
We then went a little crazy with the recruiting and just invited anyone who seemed to be up for a laugh and our numbers grew and grew until we hit about 30 odd and both Dimmy and I agreed that we should calm it down a bit now and take it easy with the recruiting. Many of those 30 are now inactive but luckily some of them turned out to be some really great dudes who still play and remain loyal to the clan. It was then that I had the idea of making a skin for each clan member...

I wasn't really that dedicated to the idea and had numerous failed attempts at getting it to work... but Ray had just made us the website which was great, plus he had a birthday coming up so I set myself the goal of making his skin for his b'day as a way of saying thanks... several times I seriously doubted I could do it as I was new to skinning of any kind but I perservered and eventually got it working. He loved it and I enjoyed making it so I set about making the next batch... Fionn, Ardy, GW, Mus (although he couldn't see it for ages) and eventually my own. I reckon my fave one still remains as Morpheus' (the cow skin).

No Time Like The Present
Which pretty much brings us back to where we are now. We've been around near enough since the beginning and are still going strong to his day - and that's all down to you guys and how much fun it is to hang with you all (yes... even Christian and Miller!). It seriously is like a second family to me, and even if I've had a crappy day at work, you guys still cheer me up.

We've had ups and downs on the way but the future looks good with all kinds of cool stuff on the horizon... maps, tourneys, servers, proper website... it's all good! FoU is one of the longest running clans of 1.02 and I still say firmly that it's the most fun too. We've been together nearly a year now and seen numerous other clans form and die on the way (even assimilated a couple!) but still held strong.

Here's to good times and good friends...
*raises beer*

"FoU isn't a clan anymore, it's a way of life!"

by Snape
~2004
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

im surprised that page is still up lol, good storys and good to read from people like Snape, keep it coming!
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

it's really fun to read these storys :D
keep them coming :!:
Boothand wrote:Allegation: Daggolin does not sleep at any time of day. If he needs to, he always manages to talk his way out of it (slight burn intended).
this so much :lol:
And even if he goes to sleep, what he actually does is resting in bed with his ipod on skype.
I'm the complete opposite. I need at least 8 hours (better 9-10) to even survive. :lol:
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

There's an old semi well-known story/essay about JK2, called 'Bow Nigger'. Not sure by whom, and at what time, but this appears to be about a duel server in 1.04 at the high peak of JK2. Might also have been 1.03, because of the 'spin' thing that was mentioned.

http://phocks.tumblr.com/post/2976413342/bow-nigger
rdx

Post by rdx »

so.... like everyone else, i had quite a looooong journey in jk2.
i started playing jk2 when it came out. my dad was really hyped back then, because he was a huge star wars fan himself, so he bought the game on the 24th december. i can still remember how paniced he was, since we were really late because the multi-media market in our town was closing at 12am. we ran like hell to the game section of mediamarket and grabbed the last fucking copy of the game hahahha...

i must say, it was the best christmas i ever had, i got my FIRST own PC with jk2 as my first game!!!11111 back in the days, we just had a 56k connection so playing online was not really an option, so i enjoyed the singleplayer vey much back then. (we didnt even have a flatrate back then, we had to pay per Kilobyte transferred, and it was a pain in the ass. FUCK YOU AOL)

after few months, the first volume/flatrate contracts appeared on the websites of the internet providers, so we switched and got an asswhoopin 75kb/s DSL connection with a 2GB volume flatrate. since i was like 12, or 13 years old back then i always had to ask my parents if i could go online and play, and it was a blessing for me, that they actually allowed to play such a gorefull game :O

i met alot of cool people, made alot of friends, and of course, i had clans i participated in:

my first clan i ever joined was |SoC (Sithlords of Coruscant) i had the name "Blade" back then.
(i'm really sorry im digging really deep right now...)

after SoC went inactive, i've made some friends and we created our own clan called -={TJK}=- (The jedi knights -or- the jedi killers, dont remember)

we had quite a blast, we met alot of people, and the best thing i remember from back in the days is, how |SuffiX| Xaser, tried to teach me to FF and dfa properly ahahahha... i remember him flaming and crying over teamspeak because we had no clue how to play CTF and we trained like everyday to improve.

But the best is yet to come:

After some years playing with my mates, i met another group of players. And maybe the most awkward, funny, and strange thing known to mankind happened: WE MET A GIRL/WOMAN ON TEAMSPEAK!!11

We all were shocked to the bones, that something like women exist in jk2 lmao...
Well we had a very good time, and we didn't know that this girl/woman will change my life regarding jk2.

After hanging around for about 1-2 years i was very interested in this girl so we arranged a meeting in real life and i got to know her even better.
The meeting was very strange, REALLY STRANGE. After hangin around with her the whole day i realised that i actually fell in love with her. I told myself, search ur feelings young padawan. This can't be real... but it actually was.

So yeah. We tried it, and it worked. Today, i have to say it was the best thing that happened to me. I met my future wife in jk2.. (pls dont laugh man i know its strange like hell, but hey, thats how love works right? it happens, when u dont expect it.)

We are planning to marry next year in april/may. I'm with her for 8 blasting years now, isnt that amazing?
We had some difficulties because of the distance of 450km, but it worked out and im marrying her next year :)

(This happened in the time after i met her, and fell in love and so on....)
after some years of playing we switched to World of Warcraft... -_-" thanks to my old mate sebastian and his friend benny. End of the story :)

I know thats no real jk2 story, and i forgot about the 15-20 clans i've joined, but that is too much and i really cant remember everything. So excuse me for that :)
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

I'm pretty sure I heard of someone else too who got married after meeting on JK2! Can't recall who it was...
Chazzberry

Post by Chazzberry »

it was xavia and snake from i'm
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

in case you should ever have kids, consider naming them kyle or jan.
rdx

Post by rdx »

ouned wrote:in case you should ever have kids, consider naming them kyle or jan.
will keep that in mind :)
Yolokala

Post by Yolokala »

Boothand wrote:he may have promised to award me a couple of cities in England when he gets his real lightsaber in the mail
Noooooo what have you done to me alcohol :o
Zippo

Post by Zippo »

Sorry for reviving an old thread but was googling some JK2 stuff, found this thread and Ferox's story was so full of cool nostalgia I thought I had to say something.

I definitely remember most of what you wrote in your timeline, as I started JK2 somewhere around 2003.

I also remember playing with both Ferox and Original who previously posted in this thread.

I was a big FoU-hangaround at first, just spending time talking and dueling in different FFA servers.

Some short time after, my best friend IRL, who was playing with the name Heatie, told me to try out CTF. This was in the last dying days of Jedi Master Force level, when people still were rolling rather than jumping. When it became NF i did the full transition and played CTF exclusively. I mostly hung around on the american scene where I remember (but never was in) clans like JotR/MotF, AE and RS. When I started playing in Europe OOJ and BBB were almost gone already and the base cleaner role blew my mind (it was highly illegal in the american community).

I never became as good as Ferox or Original but still played at a decent level and participated in some CTF-tournaments.

I jumped around in a lot of clans but the one I played for the longest in were RoW, xeno (which became darkLight) and Myst!C. Just like most people I gradually stopped playing as I grew older and I probably played my last game somewhere around 2010..

IRL I'm now 26 and I work as a web editor for the swedish government after graduating university with a degree in journalism and working as a writer on some newspapers.

Do people still play Jk2 1.02? I remember reading rumours Raven Software threatening to close down the master server, but that must've been around like 2008?
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Hey, welcome. Amusing that BCing was illegal in the American community.

I guess I was too FFA to recognize your name, but people still play 1.02 indeed. Cpt's game still goes on in CTF, and FFA is alive, relatively speaking, both in 1.02 and 1.04. The masterserver didn't go down fortunately, but by now I guess JK2MV works like a backup if that should happen.
Daggolin
Administrator

Post by Daggolin »

Zippo wrote:I remember reading rumours Raven Software threatening to close down the master server, but that must've been around like 2008?
Nope. From what I have seen and heard of Raven Software so far they - or at least those of them that worked on jk2 - are very supportive towards the community. Whenever the masterserver is down for a few days I try to contact someone at raven and usually I get an answer within less than an hour. And so far the masterserver has always come back.
And as far as I know people at Raven Software wanted to release the full jk2 and jka source code for a long time, before finally being able to do so in 2013.

By the way, welcome back to jk2! :D
Acrobat

Post by Acrobat »

rdx's story is most insane one....

I joined jk2 one day #1 of its release, but for me it was really just a continuation of playing jk1 online on case's ladder, which was a competitive league where I was #1 for a while. However, jk2 kinda sucked with 1.02 so I think I left until 1,03-1.04. Once 1.04 came out, Darkstats came to fruition, which was an early stats league that linked like 6-7 servers to a homepage with rankings. Their admins were very corrupt so you had to ignore their power mongering, but as long as you could do that it was fun place to play. Then that died along with several powerful clans of the day SDF and AIM, and jk2 went into its long winter.

Since the community had thinned, I joined KOTP where I met rhiom who showed me what I needed to read to learn to map. I migrated to the team wookiee forums where a new project was brewing called shroom duck map pack and we had a good forums there for a while. I also became an admin on map-craft, which was a great site until the owner got sick of jk2/jk3 and shut it down along with all the tutorials people made :/. Darthman got really good at dueling around 2007 and was basically unbeatable until he left. At some point along with way I got pulled into quake defrag around this time here I got to meet dex, shio,arcan, etc. Around that time I finally got around to getting into jka dueling. I joined a small startup clan called SJO run by loda that would, years later, turn into clan UPS. And now days I am in darkclan in jk2.

Posting a map shio video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4mO88cEA7Q
UglyKyle

Post by UglyKyle »

Hey Guys, it really made me sentimental reading all of yours story. It has been more than 2 years now i quit the jk2 and now at this time in the middle of the night or morning i should say, got me thinking of this game if it is still alive and i searched on youtube with the hope that i could find the clan war between CoS/Pi and i found then i typed down to the google CoS Jk2 clan and came across with this forum and came across this topic. First of all i do not know you guys personally but i do know you from the game. So, My story begins with me being a star wars fan. In the year of 2009 which is alot later then you guys i suppose, i decided to download jk2 with the intention of playing singleplayer but then it bored me because the game was so old and the graphics were horrible considering the date i decided to play. Therefore, naturally, it could not entertain me. However, one day i tried to play multiplayer and i did not even think that i could do that , but i connected to a server. It was an ffa map and i really had fun. I played ffa for like a week or so and then by mistake i connected to a CTY server. CTY was really active back then and of course i did not know anything.

Because im turkish i was typing turkish words hoping that someone might answer me and can guide me about how to play this game thorougly as my english was horrible back then. Turns out im a lucky guy :). BitchD answered me and as you all know he is kind of troll of this game XD. He taught me the basics and then i improved myself over the course of a year. I played pretty much every day. I kept on playing about a 2 year and only CTY not any other gametypes. Naturally, i became a pro in CTY. I know that some of you may scorn me as it is the easiest game type in JK2 but i was really having fun and it was actually my favourite gametype. After a while this new clan in CTY called [AoD] created and they were terrorizing the game. I always playing aganst them and they were beating us straight up 7-0. Finally, one day the leader of the AoD who you know as Twinblade i know as GreX, asked me if i want to join AoD and i said yes. If i can remember the members correctly that u might know there were : Messi, Twinblade, Prodigy ( who is my buddy in the game because we were both turkish and it was easier to communicate with him but for the time being i lost the communication with him and we are not in touch. As i heard later on he became a GoTa member ).

So we kept on playing for couple of months and then one day Twinblade wanted to quit CTY and join the NF CTF. It was the time when i started to thinking quit the jk2 because after CTY, playing NF CTF was really difficult i didnt know how to jump i didnt know how to get a position etc. I really tried to play it but when i see that even after months i could not improve myself i decided to quit the game and since then i am not playing the jk2. It really makes me sad to see this game that it is about to die because this game has been one of my favourites and i would definitely include this game in to my TOP 10 GAMES OF ALL TIME list. :) I dont know if the game is still active but if you are trying to keep this game alive, i would like to thank each and every one of you. (There might be problems about grammar and punctuation but its 4 am in the morning and im quite sleepy :)) May the force be with you my brothers. CHEERS. UglyKyle
Boothand
Administrator

Post by Boothand »

Hey, thanks for sharing. Been a while since I saw a CTY server, but there was one ever-empty server for years just mysteriously lying around if I recall correctly. Probably gone now. There's always someone to play with, in some gametype, at least still.
ouned
Administrator

Post by ouned »

. BitchD answered me and as you all know he is kind of troll of this game XD.
Lel. I remember him sending me pictures of some girl over windows live messenger trying to convince me that 'she' actually is a girl because 'she' wanted me to send her JK2 exploits.
(Like I'd act differently if it were true)

Fun times. :lol:
Created by Matti from StylesFactory.pl and Warlords of Draenor (modified by jk2.info)