We are proud to announce the first (beta)release of JK2MV.
JK2MV (Multi Version) is a modification for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. It supports all three game versions and comes with various features and optimizations (most listed below).
JK2's small playerbase has long been split into fractions among the three versions 1.02, 1,03 and 1.04.
JK2MV's goal is to reunite the small communities into one.
- Supports 1.02, 1.03 & 1.04 in a single executable
- Supports most mods made for JK2 (maps, skins, (code)mods etc.)
- Fast ingame HTTP-Downloads with a dialogue asking you for permission before downloading files to your computer
- Multiplatform: Windows, Linux, MacOSX
- Multiarchitecture: 32 and 64 bit support on all platforms
- Dynamic glow: Better looking lightsabers with the dynamic glow feature from JKA
- EAX/OpenAL sound fixed
- Support for modern screen resolutions
- Fixes for all known security bugs
- Minimizer: Press the Windows key in fullscreen mode to minimize (Windows only)
- Tons of other fixes and improvements in the engine, see the changelog for detailed information
- Opensource (GPLv2)
Visit jk2mv.org for more info and let us know what you think in the forum.